During a routine annual physical, my new doctor suggested that if my insurance would approve she would like me to have a CT scan of my chest, since I had been a smoker for many years. My insurance did approve it, and in Sept 2010 I had a CT scan. I had an appointment with my doctor the following day, and that was when I learned I had lung cancer.
Help by Topic
- Body Image
- Communicating With Your Health Care Team
- Coping With Cancer
- Financial Resources
Featured oncology social workers answer your questions about cancer-related concerns. Read answers to past questions from women with cancer, or submit your own.
A Service of CancerCare
CancerCare provides free, professional support services to individuals, families, caregivers, and the bereaved to help them better cope with and manage the emotional and practical challenges arising from cancer. All of our services are provided by professional oncology social workers and are offered completely free of charge. They include:
- Jan 23LegalHealth Clinic New York, NY
- Jan 30LegalHealth Clinic New York, NY
- Jan 31Yoga and Meditation Class for Children, Teens and Parents New York, NY
- Feb 6LegalHealth Clinic New York, NY
- Feb 13LegalHealth Clinic New York, NY