Cancer. I never believed it would happen to me. No matter how strong a person you deem yourself to be, nothing can ever prepare you for a diagnosis like this. Fortunately, I had the strength of the men in my life-my sons and loving husband-behind me to serve as my constant source of support. Round one of my battle began with my inner struggle on deciding how I was going to deliver such devastating news to my family.
Help by Topic
- Body Image
- Communicating With Your Health Care Team
- Coping With Cancer
- Financial Resources
Featured oncology social workers answer your questions about cancer-related concerns. Read answers to past questions from women with cancer, or submit your own.
A Service of CancerCare
CancerCare provides free, professional support services to individuals, families, caregivers, and the bereaved to help them better cope with and manage the emotional and practical challenges arising from cancer. All of our services are provided by professional oncology social workers and are offered completely free of charge. They include:
- Jul 7Meditation Group New York, NY
- Jul 1225th Annual Living with Cancer Conference: Confronting the Challenge New York, NY
- Jul 14Meditation Group New York, NY
- Jul 21Meditation Group New York, NY
- Jul 21CancerCare Canines Program New York, NY